Last week, I attended the Joyful Heart Psychic and Wellness Fair in Eugene, Oregon. I was struck by the great variety of healers, psychics, palmists, and astrologers. In particular, I was interested in how people within the same discipline each offered a distinct approach to their craft. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.
This experience led me to reflect on my own approach to astrology. Certainly, my approach is distinct to me, and I want my clients to know that before they arrive! There are a lot of astrologers out there, and a lot of astrological philosophies. If you’re searching for the right astrologer, it can be tricky and frustrating finding your ideal astrologer.
So, if you’re on the lookout for an astrologer, or if you’ve signed up for a reading and are simply curious, I’m writing this post for you.
Some people believe that astrology is fatalistic, that it will predict your future and tell you what to expect, that it won’t empower you to take action in your life. This is not what I believe.
I believe astrology is a fantastic tool to help you understand yourself better—your multifaceted personality, your desires, your hopes and fears, your challenges and boundaries. I also believe that tools are meant to be used. In other words, once you gain insight into an area of your life or your personal make-up, it’s time to make a plan to harness that energy and use if for your benefit!
Do you have goals, dreams, deep desires? Do you want to see change or growth in a certain relationship or area in your life? Is there something you want to heal, transform, or reimagine?
If so, it’s a great idea to voice these questions and goals within your reading. This way, you, your chart, and I can work together to create a plan to harness the natural gifts your chart has to offer.
What to expect:
- We’ll go over what I see as the major components of your chart, things I think you should generally be aware of within your chart.
- We’ll go over your major transits.
- We’ll look at your major interests right now (key questions, desires, goals, challenges) and see how they relate in the chart.
- Throughout all this, we’ll talk about how to harness the energies in your chart so that you can express yourself in ways that will help you live your most fulfilling, authentic life.
An Emily Ridout astrology reading might be for you if:
- You want to understand yourself more fully
- You want to harness your strengths to reach your highest potential
- You are willing to take action and face your shadows
- You want to find a heart-centered solution to your challenges
- You are willing to be an active participant in healing, growth, and change
An Emily Ridout astrology reading isn’t for you if:
- You are solely interested in Vedic or Evolutional Astrology
- You want something to blame for either your success or failure
- You want the chart to tell you your future with no action on your part
- You would rather complain than see how you can handle situations to the best of your ability